Questions regarding this statement should be directed to the AID Inc by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, or by writing to us at PO Box “F”, College Park, MD-20741.
AID Inc’s privacy statement
AID Inc is the sole owner of the information it gathers on its site. AID Inc will not share your information with outside parties unless we are required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law, or cooperate with law enforcement agencies.
What information is collected and how it is used
- Non-personal Identifying Information
AID Inc collects non-personal identifying information including IP addresses and browser types for internal review. These logs will be analyzed to track trends, administer the website, track user movement, and gather demographic data. A user’s session will be tracked, but the user will be anonymous. We do not link non-personal identifying information to any personal identifying information.
- Personal Identifying Informaton
AID Inc collects donor names, postal addresses, phone numbers, credit card information, e-mail addresses, and other personal identifying information from individuals making donations online or when voluntarily provided to us. AID Inc uses your personal identifying information to process your donation and to keep you posted on the activities of AID Inc and its chapters, through emails and periodical printed publications. Users can unsubscribe at any time using instructions found at the bottom of each email and publication.
- After you donate to the AID Inc, your name, address, phone number and email are added to our database of donors, which is made available to chapters of AID Inc.
- AID Inc is commited to protecting donors personal information. AID Inc’s online donation process occurs in a secure portion of the www.aidindia.org website. Your submissions are encrypted and secure from outside users via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, the industry standard for secure online transactions. All personal information -including credit card number, name, and address – is encrypted so it cannot be read as it travels over the Internet. Your browser may detect this encryption by displaying a padlock icon or message.
- The donor database is stored in a secure portion of www.aidindia.org behind a firewall.
- If you experience unauthorized or erroneous use of your credit card account, please contact AID Inc by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification of changes
If we are going to use your personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection through this Web site, we will notify you via email. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in this different manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already collected through our site, we will post a prominent notice on our web site notifying users of the change.